August 30, 2011

Mmmmm...Dylan McKay


I've always had a thing for the older bad boy type, and my five year old self had the fever for West Beverly's own Dylan McKay.

Those smoldering features with the James Dean inspired style and pompadour made him the nighttime fantasy of myself and millions of other fresh little hussies around the world.

He was cool because he didn't try to be (Poor David...bless his little Hip Hop heart)
He was "the man" but didn't step on anyone's toes to be that (props to Brandon)
At some point or another he had all the ladies (except for Donna and Andrea...Hags)
Sure he had his fair share of ups and downs (that heroin addiction was bad business, but we still loved you)

The older I get, and the more old episodes of 90210 that I catch in syndication, I realize that Brandon Walsh was the more ideal boyfriend type. But do we ever want the safe, dependable, good guy with the good head on his shoulders and the bright future ahead of him?... Hell no.

We want the trust issues having, commitment-phobes that end up sleeping with our best friend and will find some way to blame us for it...and you know what? We take it.

Oh my, how I've digressed!...

So here's to you Dylan McKay, for being one of the first to influence my taste in the guys that were all wrong for me and my sensitive little heart.

Somewhere in the world there's a bunch of Brendas and Kellys (I fancy myself to be the Brenda type #TeamMoodyEmotionalSelfishBitch woohoo!!) that will always hold a place in our hearts for you. Whether that place is connected with love or hate is debatable, but I do know that we'll never forget you.




No comments: