August 30, 2011

Faux Minx Fetish

We're all familiar with Minx nails... adorned by everyone from Beyonce to Keri Hilson and Rihanna. Maybe even you if you were on top of your nail trend game a couple of years ago (Pin a rose on your nose *rolls eyes*)


Like any other product loving girly girl (and deranged pop culture groupie) I sashayed down to this exclusive nail salon to get my nails Minx-tafied... because I couldn't live another day until my nails were solid gold! Well when that receptionist told me that it would cost $75 my whole dead broke life flashed before my eyes. 

So with my hopes and dreams of solid gold glory crushed, I went back to old faithful... Sally Hansen. 
It can pretty much be counted on that whenever there is a popular high-end nail trend, Sally Hansen isn't too far behind with a more affordable version.

I adore the Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips. They have a lot of the cool colors and graphics that are offered by Minx at a fraction of the price. 

You have to take your time and make sure you place the adhesives on your nails neatly, but after the first two or three times, you'll become a pro. They also last for about 5-7 without any chipping (10 if you're a mannequin)


My hand with the "Kitty" design

Shop your local Target or Rite-Aid for your Dead Broke Bourgeois fab nail experience.
Or check it out for yourself here... 

No comments: