May 8, 2011

Denise Huxtable




I miss the Cosby Show. Don’t we all?... I know for a fact that there is not one Cosby Show that I haven’t seen at least four times.
My favorite Huxtable kid was always Denise (Lisa Bonet).

Always cool, even in the early episodes when she had braces, Denise was a stunner.

There were many poor souls that were victims of 80s and 90s fashion, but Bonet’s sense of style transcends the decades. She was a fashion misfit. She dared to rebel from the pretty in pink era.

I loved her mismatched clothes, her wild hair and her ability to make all the boys swoon. (Ain’t that right Dwayne Wayne and Cockroach?)

The entire Huxtable family was relate able, but out of the entire clan, Denise was the one that I could best picture as my cool big sister. Being an only child with an active imagination here's how I'd picture our relationship going:
-I'd want to borrow her clothes. She'd say NO, but I'd sneak and wear her things anyway.
-I'd want to hang out with her and her friends. She'd say NO, but make time to occasionally hang out with me at places where no one that knows her.
-She'd be the prettiest, coolest upperclassman in our high school. I'd be her dorky freshman little sister that she's let sit with her in the cafeteria sometimes.
-She'd graduate and go to Hillman, and surprise me with some of her cool jackets and sweaters.
...As you can see I've really thought long and hard about this relationship.

Alas, all dreams must eventually come to an end. Denise dropped out of college to find herself and went away on a safari in Africa. When she came back she was married to a Naval officer that was a total cornball and she had a cute little step daughter that would have taken all of my shine.

But it was still a good dream while it lasted. Here's to you Denise Huxtable, forever and always, my imaginary cool big sister.

2 comments:

Kid?uestIV said...

Very nice story......she the definition of swag today

_HAUTEmsDAINA_ said...

Thanks for the comment! I have been doing a terrible job of updating. More posts coming soon...